Canadian Immigration Services
Call Today 613-869-1897 Online Assessment Form

Work in Canada

Work permits are essential if you are interested in working in Canada whether for a temporary job or a permanent job.

If you have a valid job offer from a Canadian employer then you may be eligible to obtain a work permit from outside of Canada. 

We can also assist if you are in Canada and interested in obtaining a work permit to legally work during your stay. Contact our office in order to help you determine which is the best option for you. 

There are different types of work permits avaiable for interested clients, if you are not sure which one to apply for then simply fill out our form and include a brief description of what you are interested in and we will get back to you within 24 hours. 

We also provide services for interested Canadian employers that require LMIA ( Labour market impact assessment).

Positive LMIAs are essential if an employer is interested in hiring foreign workers. 

Caregiver Program

The caregiver program (previously known as the live-in caregiver program) has certain requirements to be fullfilled by both the foreign worker and the Canadian employer. A Canadian or permanent resident can hire a caregiver for : 

Caring for children pathway or Caring for people with high medical needs 

To be eligible to apply under this stream the foreign worker must have: 

  • Completed an education equal to that of a Canadian secondary school diploma,

  • At least, 

    • have six months of full tim classromm training in caregiving or 

    • one year work experience as a caregiver or in in a similar job within the last three years ( at least six months of ongoing work with one employer 

  • the ability to speak, read, and understand English or French

  • the ablility to work unsupervised 

  • medical check must be completed when applying 

  • securtiy and criminal clearnaces must be completed 

  • a signed written employment contract with a Canadian employer in Canada

A foreign worker under the caregiver program can apply for permanet resident status after completing two full time years on the job  and meeting other requirements by CIC. Contact us today to help you assess your eligibilty to apply for permanet residency under the caregiver program. 

The Canadian employer must show efforts of recruiting a Canadian or permanet resident to fullfil this position, thus they will be required to submit an LMIA (Labout market impact assessment) to ESDC (Employment and Social Development Canada). 

The advertisements must:

  • Be posted for a minimum of 4 consecutive weeks starting from the first day the ad appears and is accessible to the general public.
  • Be posted during the 3 months prior to the employer applying for an LMIA.
  • Remain posted to actively seek qualified Canadians and permanent residents until the date a positive or negative LMIA is issued

 There are also many other conditions that need to be met by the employer.

 Contact us today to help you complete your LMIA and hiring process of a foreign worker!

© Jad Immigration Services All Rights Reserved

Jad Immigration Services Reserved | Ottawa Web Design - Webshark